Ace side count for Hi-LO?

I have been practicing an Ace side count, using Hi-LO 18I 6D. At first, I practiced it, just to see if I can do it. I am able to it now, with out that much extra effort. My question is... what can I do with this inforamtion? Is it advantagous to me using HI-LO? There was referance to factoring it into the TC in an earlier thread, but I think that was using another counting method.

help...

-Jax

The first thing you can do

... is use it to adjust your insurance count. It's been a while since I've used High-Low so I forgot exactly how to do it but sit down with the numbers and you should be able to figure it out quick enough.

There are a few playing indexes you can modify with it too. DD 10 vs. X is the first one that comes to mind. But the insurance count should be the most powerful use of the Ace sidecount with High-Low.

zengrifter

Banned
As AutoMonk's reply indicates...

... its NOT to be used for bet-adjust. And, the gain from this extra effort is negligible. zg

ladykiller

However

you can learn to use this for keeping track of the aces as they're shuffled. Learning to steer them can be very advantageous if you're able to learn how.

Slagwater

Improves PE and IC

Hi/Lo has both a mediocre PE and IC since, for playing and insurance purposes, the ace should not be counted as negative.

If you adjust the TC by adding 1.5 for each excess ace played you'll effectively be counting the ace as +0.5 for playing purposes and then PE rises from .511 to a respectable .614.

If you adjust the IC by adding 2 for each excess ace played (1.5 is almost as good) you'll effectively be counting the ace as +1 for insurance purposes and IC rises from .760 to .891.

Is this worth the extra effort? That is your decision, but I will point out that if you are tired in a shoe game you can simply stop making the ace side count and not hurt your BC. It also won't hurt you to learn how to keep and use an ace side count if you wish to switch to a stronger system like HO2 or Omega2 which require an ace side count for betting.

..slag..