Basic Questions

person1125

Well-Known Member
I have 2 questions for those of you who have been doing this for a while.

1. I went up to a casino just to check things out u know to find out the rules, mins, etc. While there i was standing behind 2 guys playing and was practising my counting. How long would you say I could stand and just watch without anyone saying anything??? :confused:

2. If you get a fast dealer what are some of the ways you have slowed them down??? I know the dealer can't go past until you make your decision, but I wouldn't want to go too slow to be annoying, but yet don't want to go too fast where i wouldn't be able to track as well.

Oh and i learned a few things while at the casino. I need to practise more at home and that some people really suck at BJ. :laugh:
 
You should probably scout out the fastest dealer you can find and just stand there and pactice all day until you can keep up with him. I don't think casinos mind you watching as long as you don't play too.
 
Yeah, I would generally expect that you could just stand around and lurk all day, as long as you didn't look like a child molestor.

In terms of slowing down a fast dealer, two things:

1) You probably don't want to play while counting until you can keep up with most dealers.
2) If you do end up with one that's faster than comfortable, act like you're working on learning basic strategy, and think about the play decision on each hand, and ask that the dealer not make obvious plays for you. Maybe even carry a basic strategy chart.
 
Fast Inconsiderate Dealers

I'll play a few hands and attempt to slow him down. If that fails I'll just spill a cup of coffee on table, tell him how bad I feel and then start backcounting at another table.
 
Nononono.... throw your neighbor's chips in your face, re-bounding into your pocket, THEN run like hell. =)

Has anybody done a study on the bet place to have chips thrown at you? I'd prefer blacks, greens would do but if enough action, reds might be profitable.
 
ok i'll give those ideas a try to slow the dealer down. if they don't work maybe i'll grab my neighbors chips, throw them into the cleavage of the waitress and then stay around to see who gets them back out. :devil:
 
Back
Top