Basic strategy vs deviations.

I’m new here. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference in house edge playing the deviations from basic strategy. The house edge is based on basic strategy. If no one knows then I’ll try Cvcx software.

gronbog

CVCX is a great tool for answering questions like this, especially since the answer depends on the exact rules and conditions you are interested in.

Another good resource for this (if I do say so myself) is "The Hi-Lo Card Counting System: A Complete Guide to Index Play" by Don Schlesinger and Yours Truly. It ranks the benefit of each deviation in order of contribution to SCORE for a wide variety of rule sets, conditions and playing styles.

gronbog said:
CVCX is a great tool for answering questions like this, especially since the answer depends on the exact rules and conditions you are interested in.

Another good resource for this (if I do say so myself) is "The Hi-Lo Card Counting System: A Complete Guide to Index Play" by Don Schlesinger and Yours Truly. It ranks the benefit of each deviation in order of contribution to SCORE for a wide variety of rule sets, conditions and playing styles.
Thanks I know you can get better percent on double downs and better decisions on stiff hands for less loss. Some of the singledeck games that pay 3 to 2 blackjacks don’t always get too many hands per shuffle. But I will buy the Cvcx and see what I can find. I think it was Schlesinger who introduced the playing deviations in the illustrious 18. I’ll check out his work.

gronbog

Just emphasize my point, our book goes well beyond the I18, Fab4 (surrender) and Catch 22 all the way to the Nifty 50 (Play-all) and Sporty 40 (Back-count). We did 6D and double deck games, but no single deck.