CSM's and Pit Scrutiny

tribute

Well-Known Member
If I get lucky and win big on a csm, will the pit take notice? Do the bosses even watch players at a csm? It's not possible to perform advantage play techniques, so they shouldn't be concerned at all, right?
 
When I was a fool and use to play these, one time I bought in with $100 and turned it into $1000.....nothing was said other than "Nice job!" by the pit.
 
It's not possible to perform advantage play techniques, so they shouldn't be concerned at all, right?

Well, it is possible to use AP techniques but the pit really shouldn't be concerned about it. It is very unlikely that any casino will suffer a sudden big loss to an AP playing a CSM.

-Sonny-
 
(new poster so please be kind! :) )

After having won reasonably well against CSMs in the recent past (roughly $10k on $25 min bets over the period of a month) I found generally the pit bosses did not really care for most of it, though towards the end I did start attracting a bit of attention. The feeling appeared to be that CSMs cannot be beaten so they really don't care about watching too closely.
 
If I get lucky and win big on a csm, will the pit take notice? Do the bosses even watch players at a csm? It's not possible to perform advantage play techniques, so they shouldn't be concerned at all, right?

No, they won't. Because they aren't accounting you. They're accounting the table's take. And even though you might win big, the sum of everyone's play will show a win for the casino.

If you managed to win something that was, say, five standard deviations in the positive direction, maybe a jumpy place would back you off just to be safe. But if you're that many stdev's outside of norm, you really should just take your winnings and run. =)
 
I don't play against CSMs so this isn't from experiance,but I'd be surprised if you didn't attract quite a bit of attention.Anyime a person is outperforming expectations,a pitboss should be paying attention.There are plenty of Advantage Plays that can be done against a CSM and he needs to determine if you are using any or are just plain lucky.
 
Back
Top