PonchoVilla
Member
I was playing with a guy the other night and he says he is TRYING to count a six deck shoe....and the house man is half decking him cutting 3 decks off of 6 and it is messing him up. Can I get some expert advice on this?
Sometimes a poor-pene shoe is VERY GOOD for shuffle-tracking -and- a shuffle-tracker would always want to place the cut card. zgavs21 said:Penetration is the amout of cards they will deal out before they shuffle. Example above only playing 3 out of 6 decks in a shoe will be 50% Pen. Penetration is the most important factor in how good a game is for a CC. Penetration won't affect you if your playing Basic Strategy. In your friends case I don't know why he kept playing that game.
avs21 said:For 6 deck shoes I have never come across 50%, but I play mostly SD and DD games.
Mikeaber said:I have. 50% pen at 6D at Isle of Debris (Capris) in Kansas City. They give a whopping 40% pen on DD with $25 minimum! And, they actually have people playing it!
shadroch said:If you are not counting,why not play a game like this.More shuffles means less hands played,more comp bang for your bet,no?
PonchoVilla said:The same guy, bet's in a very odd manner, I've never seen. One hand it's 10, then 2 hands at 25, then 1 hand at 200, then back to 25...? What is this method?
Mikeaber said:You're correct. I've been so focused on AP that I have to keep reminding myself there are others who would rather just play BS. I should have paid attention to the topic category.