MIT Counting System

Sniper

Does anybody know what the strategy and card counting systems the MIT students used to rake in millions. Please reply back if you know the answer.

SammyBoy

Cowboy is correct. I emailed Andy Bloch a few weeks ago and he told me that they used Hi/Lo with FULL indices.

SammyBoy

Re: FULL indices

I would guess all indices between +10 and -10, not really sure though. I will check PBJ this weekend and let you know.

Don't waste your time learning the full indexes, as no more than a couple of dozen are worth more than pennies per hour even at the black chip level. The value of an index is related to your spread at a particular TC and how often you see that TC. It takes a bit of simulation and calculation tailored for your particular spread and count to see what indexes are worth learning.

CanKen

Depends on the game you are playing. But I would say that for 6 or 8 deck games, you shouldn't be playing below -1, and the count rarely, in my experience, gets above +6. That leaves about 25 useful indices in the -1 to +6 range.

Tom

I'm content using only 22 indices. I understand using too many index numbers is a waste of time,just wondering why the MIT team did not think so. By definition I'm wondering what Bring Down the House's(or MIT) version of FULL indices are.

Hey, but I also wonder about many other actions and obscurities in the book. Thank you all for the info.

Tom

Latimer

BlackJack Pro

Has anyone read or used the card counting computer module, Blackjack Pro. I am wondering how effective the module can be and if it is worth the time to even mess with.