Need advice for strategy

the1ndonly

New Member
Hey guys, im new to playing blackjack at casinos. So basically i've lost everytime i have gone to play. I usually go to Morongo since im only 19. They're all 8 deck games 10 dollars on weekdays and 15 dollars on weekends. What kind of strategy can i use to help me win. I usually only play with a $100. I ended up losing all my money while my friend who is a beginner at blackjack won $600 in a matter of 2 hours. I've practiced card counting before, the hi-lo system and am quite decent at it, but never use it in the casinos cause it seems useless with 8 decks.
 
it isnt useless. it takes a lot of practice/research to get good
learn basic strategy. try to be able to count through a deck in 25 seconds or less. and bring more money. $100 is almost guraunteed to loose it all. you'll need to bring at least $1000. which is why I recommend getting really good at cardcounting before entering a casino again.
 
Strategy advice

My advice is that you save the $100 trip bank you've been blowing and buy either Wong's Professional Blackjack and/or Snyder's Blackbelt in Blackjack. The sage advice you are seeking can be found in both and is the name of the first author.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. Playing an $10 or $15 8d shoe on a $100 bank using just hi-lo is suicide. You are starting off in the right direction, hi-lo is almost certainly the best count you could learn, but you need to learn how to apply it properly and the bankroll required to survive the ups and downs.
 
Morongo has really bad blackjack. Even if you could count cards perfectly and were sufficiently bankrolled you wouldn't waste your time there.
 
Back
Top