After hearing all this, it seems to me that it would be advantageous to bet higher IF your bankroll can stand it. Since we all agree that the advantage has switched to the player, I think a good strategy would be to both increase the bet (I can't figure how much at this point) AND increase the number of hands being played, if this is a possibility. The latter seems to make sense because of what Mimosine said about sometimes everybody else seems to be benefitting by the good count except him. In this way, you should have a better chance of benefitting by the high count advantage.
As an aside, last week I was playing two hands in a high count and actually got a backjack on each at the same time. I know that doesn't happen much, but we do know htat blackjacks are more probable in high counts.
I wonder why one would win more splits in high counts? For example, if you split threes (gulp) you might well end up with two 23's. On the other hand, if you split eights, you'd have two reasonable hands as well as a strong possibility the dealer would bust if he had to hit. I'm just speculating. I know the experts on this forum know the answer to this question. I hope they chime in.