Very out there hypothetical EV question

Dyepaintball12

Well-Known Member
So all blackjack tables start with "Dealer must draw to 16..."

What if a new dealer was trained poorly and thought she had to stay on any total 16 or above - What would your EV be?

I mean its improbable this would happen but hey I've seen some crazy things!


- Dye
 
So all blackjack tables start with "Dealer must draw to 16..."

Your inquiry made me curious about the wording on the layouts. I thought they all said that as well but 2 different places in far reaches of the country do not. They simply say "Dealer must hit/stand (on) soft 17". I think the "Dealer must draw to 16" is either on a specific manufacturers layout or a thing of the past. Maybe someone put the draw to 16 phrase to the test!:eek:
 
point in fact

Here is a point of preception of the rule draw to 16. Next time the table busts out and no one is left and the dealer flips the bottom card to make 15 they don't draw anther card they flip it and kill thier hand. Don't you think they should draw another card?
 
Your inquiry made me curious about the wording on the layouts. I thought they all said that as well but 2 different places in far reaches of the country do not. They simply say "Dealer must hit/stand (on) soft 17". I think the "Dealer must draw to 16" is either on a specific manufacturers layout or a thing of the past. Maybe someone put the draw to 16 phrase to the test!:eek:

Most of the tables I remember playing on say "Dealer must draw to 16 and stand on...". Actually maybe those are just the $25 min "nicer" tables
 
Here's my thoughts, Dye. Take advantage of that 'hypothetical' situation that you have located as long as you can. :laugh: Get off the internet and camp out at that table. Work that dealer's shift until he is fired or retrained. :o
 
If you were to find a dealer who stood on ALL 16's, the player's advantages would be as such:

A person who plays normal BJ basic strategy: 8888888 -1.39%

A person who plays "mimic the dealer"
(hit to 17, never double or split): 888888888888888888 -1.38%

A person who plays "never bust"
(stand on all 12s, but play BS for doubles and splits):8 -9.34%

Optimal strategy for these rules: 888888888888888888 +1.12%
 
If you were to find a dealer who stood on ALL 16's, the player's advantages would be as such:
[...]
A person who plays "mimic the dealer"
(hit to 17, never double or split): 888888888888888888 -1.38%

Shouldn't "mimic the dealer" be "hit to 16" in this case?
 
Back
Top