When is the best time to gamble?

tthree

Banned
I usually end up playing during the week in the middle of the day just because that usually is the best fit for me. I was curious what the seasoned experts thought on this subject. I can think of many things that might influence your decision:

1) Table limits
2) heat from the pit
3) cover, when do the people I want to blend in with play
4) speed of play
5) how overwhelmed the eye in the sky is by the shear numbers in the casino
6) fluctuating expenses for someone who stays for multiple days
7) playing conditions, perhaps penetration or other EV related parameter correlates to day and time
8) Anything I misssed

When do you prefer to play and why?
 
I believe the best time to find inexperianced dealers and crews is the overnite shift. The senior people tend to work the better shifts.
Try sleeping in your clothes, and wake up around 4am. Don't wash or freshen up and stagger to the tables. You'll appear to have been up all night. Throw up some more smoke by bitching about losing your money at casino X and now you are just going to play awhile before hitting the sheets.
 
Ive been the night owl before

I used to play at those hours in my dice control days to get lower limits and relatively empty tables. That meant I could throw the dice most of the time.
 
Kind of mixed bag. At bad hours you have certain benefits as others as mentioned, but at the same time your the one sticking out the most making big bets. So its kind of a tossup.
 
longevity

I guess if longevity is your goal you have to mix things up. Variation from your bag of tricks might be the best of all worlds. Im just trying to have as big a bag as possible. The first response should help your bottom line assuming a faster game.
 
I've found that day shift often has the most senior game protection guys on hand: casino manager, table games manager, etc.

However, day and graveyard will often let you play heads up, which is fantastic.
 
So its unanimous-- whenever there's an inexperienced crew and dealers, and the tables are relatively empty, which is usually in the wee hours of the morning, but not always, depending on the size and location of the casino.
 
Optimum time

I found the best time is early morning between 5am and 11. the crews have been up all night or just changing shift soon. There are at their low cycle in sleep and are less likely to care about the goings on or still waking up. I have tried all times periods and some are advantageous more so then others. Know the joint and conditions they have and apply them to your plan of attack.
 
Fewer people at the tables, the more attention you'll get from the cocktail servers. Thats an very large part of my equation.
 
Fewer people at the tables, the more attention you'll get from the cocktail servers. Thats an very large part of my equation.

Really Mr Shad? I thought you were more of a serious player than that. :confused: I also found the term 'gamble' in the thread title curious. I thought someone would comment on that.
 
Really Mr Shad? I thought you were more of a serious player than that. :confused: I also found the term 'gamble' in the thread title curious. I thought someone would comment on that.


I'm strictly a recreational gambler. Get my free rooms, free food, see a show or two and have a nice break from reality. I let my money work for me, I try not to work for my money.
 
I also found the term 'gamble' in the thread title curious. I thought someone would comment on that.

haha i thought this was funny too.

In my opinion, the best time to gamble is when the state lottery jackpot exceeds the number of tickets that could conceivably sell. Then you buy the appropriate number of lottery tickets as specified by full kelly :laugh:
 
I like playing late at night, but recently I've been debating whether or not its a good idea.

Yes, you get more heads up tables. BUT wouldn't there be less for surveillance to do AKA give them more reason to watch you?
 
Back
Top