I think I read somewhere where someone explored the possibility of adding a constant factor, say +2, to the RC before converting to TC to accomplish in a different way what I think you are getting at. I think then you still bet what you normally would have at the same TC's. Naturally it effected the frequencies of TC's at the same time. I think lol. I think he did get slightly higher win rates using that +2 factor.
I think Norm's sims were rounding TC's and I haven't a clue what that might mean lol. I guess it would mean a given TC would have a higher frequency but lesser advantage associated with it compared to truncating.
I certainly don't really understand it, except that I guess it exists, but, from what I gather, it's just not very exploitable in real-life. Maybe because it doesn't really kick in until around most shuffle points anyway. I think that's what "the Don" concluded anyway lol.
Maybe it's sort of like the "cut-card effect", except less so. I mean who would have thought that the HA that is assumed by BS is less than the HA when a cut-card is used accounting for why sims give a higher HA when they assume a shuffle after every hand compared to assuming a cut-card and also accounting for why the much-maligned CSM's yield a higher HA to the BS player than games that use a cut-card.
Go figure, a BS player is actually better off playing a CSM. All he has to do is slow things down by 20% or so, pondering deeply and long over his play decisions lol.