Questions from Kim Lee chat

[Kim Lee chatted]: "I quit for over 10 years and am ready to quit anytime."

Yes, I quit in the 1980's ... but not for good. This illustrates the discipline to play only good games, or not play at all.

Kim Lee ... continues to quote out of context.

my losses were ... not overcome ... as a full-time Professional Player

The context was simply that you should disclose your lifetime losses when you call yourself a "professional" and give advice.
 
"The context was simply that you should disclose your lifetime losses when you call yourself a "professional" and give advice"

What I did with my money prior to devoting myself to professional play is entirely moot.
 
What I did with my money prior to devoting myself to professional play is entirely moot.

That offers a cogent contrast with my own perspective. Since other posters agree with you, let me explain why I think advice-givers should be held accountable by referencing previous posts.

This actually helps posters. In this thread your quote of my chat allowed me to elaborate that I did not quit ten years ago. In another thread I showed KewlJason was remarkably consistent, but also identified a typo. to help him appreciate skepticism.

Here is how quoting previous posts helps readers:

1) It illuminates personality and motivation. Someone who started as a degenerate gambler surely has different abilities and attitudes than someone who started as a dealer or a math professor.

2) It clarifies your terminology if a lifetime loser is considered "professional".

3) Consistency of posts over time shows the reliability of a poster's recollections.

4) Suppressing information shows a poster considers it "entirely moot", or perhaps embarrassing.

This is especially valuable given the characters who post on these boards. For example, the "Green Baize Vampire" has been pwned endlessly over the years for being a Walter Mitty poseur. In contrast, BJTraveller is for real, but will risk prison to get a legal edge in third world countries. I certainly want to know these things before taking their advice!
 
OK, OK, if it’s that important, I’ll come clean about my past. I used to be Jimmy Page. But, I got tired of all the sex. Saps the energy right out of you. So, I gave up my guitar and moved to a small island to get away from it all. There, I learned everything I know from a hermit ex-professor. Brilliant man. Well, the movie star and the skipper helped too. And some rich guy taught me that if you speak in a phony accent, people will wait on you even if you’re useless. After awhile, Mary Ann and I went to the forbidden other side of the island for privacy, discovered that we were swimming distance from Atlantic City and Early Surrender, and that’s where my life takes another turn.

Now, perhaps you can understand my posts better.

(No kittens were harmed in the making of this post.)
 
Mr. Kim Lee,

I think it may be more productive if you could correct any posts by Flash that you consider wrong than evaluating if Flash is a life time loser or winner. I for one really do not care how much anyone here lost or won as long as his/her advice is scientifically correct. The truth is we have no way to confirm the amount of win or loss people claim. What is the effect on you if Flash lost his shorts to the casino?
 
Last edited:
OK, OK, if it’s that important, I’ll come clean about my past. I used to be Jimmy Page. But, I got tired of all the sex. Saps the energy right out of you. So, I gave up my guitar and moved to a small island to get away from it all. There, I learned everything I know from a hermit ex-professor. Brilliant man. Well, the movie star and the skipper helped too. And some rich guy taught me that if you speak in a phony accent, people will wait on you even if you’re useless. After awhile, Mary Ann and I went to the forbidden other side of the island for privacy, discovered that we were swimming distance from Atlantic City and Early Surrender, and that’s where my life takes another turn.

Now, perhaps you can understand my posts better.

(No kittens were harmed in the making of this post.)


:laugh:

But you're sure Mary Ann--and not Ginger? (Perhaps we should start a poll!).
 
Last edited:
correct any posts by Flash that you consider wrong

FLASH's clarified his definition of "professional" allows his "result for 2008 was anemic" and 2007 was an "experimental" phase of low-limit poker. In other words, he won last year. By that definition, we agree he is probably a professional.

Really it just annoying to see errors in large, colored font, capitalizing his handle and the words "PROFESSIONAL PLAYER". In this very thread he claims

for using someone else's player's card ... security will escort you off the property. ... You will be viewed as a common thief and you will be 86'd.

It didn't happen when a friend was caught playing on my card. That was great fun embarrassing the manager and two security guards for busting the wrong guy. They must have changed the computer, because they didn't do it again.
 
I thought that small island was Manhattan...

Ahh, that's six lifetimes later. A.C. is a sad place. It's population of less than 40,000 is lower than it was 100 years ago and has continued to decline since the casinos arrived. Some renaissance. Manhattan, about one-third larger in area, is doing a bit better. The only thing I miss is the salt water taffy.
 
Gilligan locates Modor

OK, OK, if it’s that important, I’ll come clean about my past. I used to be Jimmy Page. But, I got tired of all the sex. Saps the energy right out of you. So, I gave up my guitar and moved to a small island to get away from it all. There, I learned everything I know from a hermit ex-professor. Brilliant man. Well, the movie star and the skipper helped too. And some rich guy taught me that if you speak in a phony accent, people will wait on you even if you’re useless. After awhile, Mary Ann and I went to the forbidden other side of the island for privacy, discovered that we were swimming distance from Atlantic City and Early Surrender, and that’s where my life takes another turn.

Now, perhaps you can understand my posts better.

(No kittens were harmed in the making of this post.)

Oh yeah! I love tales like this! It can stimulate - like a Grimm tale - all kinds of imaginations. :grin: This one has notables, like any Great Gilligan Adventure story: a movie star, a skipper, the hermit egghead, intrigue, phony accents, forbidden areas, a rich dude, heavy beach sex without the grit, guitars, gambling, useless can be exploitable, and... the hint of living happily ever after. (Which hopefully will be in epic#2: Hooray! Happiness Returns.)
 
Oh yeah! I love tales like this! It can stimulate - like a Grimm tale - all kinds of imaginations. :grin: This one has notables, like any Great Gilligan Adventure story: a movie star, a skipper, the hermit egghead, intrigue, phony accents, forbidden areas, a rich dude, heavy beach sex without the grit, guitars, gambling, useless can be exploitable, and... the hint of living happily ever after. (Which hopefully will be in epic#2: Hooray! Happiness Returns.)

Unfortunately, modern day tales basically involve gratuitous violence, bad music, self-destructive, Nabokovian females, and car crashes. Did I leave out gratuitous violence?

I'd apologize for hijacking the thread -- but you shouldn't apologize for an ongoing, purposeful act.
 
Unfortunately, modern day tales basically involve gratuitous violence, bad music, self-destructive, Nabokovian females, and car crashes. Did I leave out gratuitous violence?

I'd apologize for hijacking the thread -- but you shouldn't apologize for an ongoing, purposeful act.

Hmmmm. Perhaps Internet counseling might be the way to clear any blockages in this (past) area. :confused: Did you mention gratuitous violence? I suggest a BJInfo Public Internet Committee might be able to help. Oh, wait; does AP imply emotionally and mentally well-balanced? Hmmmm again... Thread not hijacked. :eyepatch:
 
Unfortunately, modern day tales basically involve gratuitous violence, bad music, self-destructive, Nabokovian females, and car crashes. Did I leave out gratuitous violence?

I'd apologize for hijacking the thread -- but you shouldn't apologize for an ongoing, purposeful act.

Ain't that the truth! :eek:
 
Back
Top