Quitting the day job

Because we CARE about you. You made it sound as though you were contemplating doing something very foolish.

Sincerely, I appreciate this.

The calculations on the need to be able to make double my current salary was sobering. The other statement which really made an impression on me was that by keeping the day job and doing this part time, I can bet more liberally with a "replenishable" bankroll than a "fixed" bankroll. That's a great incentive to keep working.

Ah, but one can dream... sure a fun way to escape the stress of work.
 
Last edited:
and he gave most of it back
He was broke by 1995. Scuttlebutt has it that Binion installed a very springy material under the felt that made it difficult for the dice to slide. Meanwhile Archie had all his winnings (chips) in boxes at Binion's so as not to pay taxes I suppose. By 1995, they were all empty.
 
Back
Top