superbowl

shadroch

You keep posting about how horrible Eli is,and he all he does is keep on winning.
Meanwhile the Pats still aren't covering the point spread.This must be a nitemare for Patriot bettors,their team is having a season for the ages but the bettors are being taken to the cleaners.

toastblows

shadroch said:
You keep posting about how horrible Eli is,and he all he does is keep on winning.
Meanwhile the Pats still aren't covering the point spread.This must be a nitemare for Patriot bettors,their team is having a season for the ages but the bettors are being taken to the cleaners.

Dude, if anyone is giving Eli the credit for winning they do not know football. NYG def is tough. Packers laid down on D last night. Favre didnt impress, but Eli did nothing. He gets a free ride on a team of B+ allstars.

(I think it stems from the fact he leaves his mouth slack-jawed like a dumb country bumpkin every time they put the camera on him...and he does a head butt "gah dammit" everytime he screws up to compliment that slack-jaw. Get over it, you suck, your not payton, you will get your ass handed to you by NE)

aslan

toastblows said:
Dude, if anyone is giving Eli the credit for winning they do not know football. NYG def is tough. Packers laid down on D last night. Favre didnt impress, but Eli did nothing. He gets a free ride on a team of B+ allstars.

(I think it stems from the fact he leaves his mouth slack-jawed like a dumb country bumpkin every time they put the camera on him...and he does a head butt "gah dammit" everytime he screws up to compliment that slack-jaw. Get over it, you suck, your not payton, you will get your ass handed to you by NE)
Maybe, maybe not. I think the smart money agrees with you. But there's something to be said for "will to win," "youthful exuberance," "not old enough to know how bad he really is," and "if big brother can do it so can I." If he gets lucky, it might give him enough confidence to become the player he isn't right now. If NYG lose, this season should be encouraging enough to him to make him work extra hard to become a better QB next year. Anyway, I think most are hoping for an upset. We're getting tired of NE's pefect record, and for sure they're going to lose one sooner or later. Why not now? (I just wouldn't bet on it.) lol

toastblows

Im going to watch a movie that night because those teams are both un interesting to me personally. Im not a packer or dallas fan, but at least they wouldve made me interested. NE may not cover the 13-14 pt spread, but they will get the trophy. And i hope they do so Eli never does. :)

ChefJJ

toastblows said:
Im going to watch a movie that night because those teams are both un interesting to me personally. Im not a packer or dallas fan, but at least they wouldve made me interested. NE may not cover the 13-14 pt spread, but they will get the trophy. And i hope they do so Eli never does. :)
Bro, watching a movie instead of the Super Bowl?!? :whip: We appreciate the hyperbole though.

On a general note:

I admit that I wrote off Eli most of the way through the regular season...hell, even going into the playoffs. But after watching ALL (not just all Giants games) of the playoff games this season, I honestly have to say that Eli Manning is playing the best ball of his pro career. He is arguably having the best postseason of any QB this year...and that includes Brady.

Will the Giants win...I strongly doubt it. But to completely bag Eli after this run of games in hostile territory may be short sided. Now watch him put in a performance like Rex Grossman in last year's Big Game. :(

good luck

21forme

I usually go skiing on Superbowl Sunday. Crowds aren't too bad. Wish the game started earlier and the crowds would even be smaller.

shadroch

Tom Brady had a 117+ QB rating in the regular season,but that has dropped to 105+ in the playoffs. Eli Manning has raised his from 74 to 99+ in the same playoffs. Brady has 3 interceptions in 2 games,Manning has zero in three.
But keep telling yourself how the Giants are only winning on defense.
I don't think anyone is saying Manning is better than Brady,but he is at least as good as several QBs that have won rings.

shadroch

If you think that the Giants vs the Patriots was boring,you don't know football. If you think the Giants vs the Cowboys was boring,you know neither football or drama. If you think yesterdays Giants vs the Packers game was boring, you don't know football,drama nor history and are just plain stupid.

aslan

shadroch said:
If you think that the Giants vs the Patriots was boring,you don't know football. If you think the Giants vs the Cowboys was boring,you know neither football or drama. If you think yesterdays Giants vs the Packers game was boring, you don't know football,drama nor history and are just plain stupid.
I like the way you worded that. Are you a journalist?

Yesterday's game was the best I've seen all year. And I am not a Giants fan. I did root for them, but only because I like to to root for the underdog, and I happened to be in NYC at the time. I was amazed at how well both teams played under the worst of conditions.

The NY papers reported that the electrically heated Giants bench failed in the first quarter and then hardly worked for the rest of the game. Sounded like a little hometown sabotage. lol Giants players huddled around a heater throughout the game.

Also, the kickers said that the football was so frozen, you could hardly get it to do anything you wanted when kicking. Not knowing that made Tynes look pretty darn bad. Glad he was able to redeem himself in the end. Also, it should have silenced the specatators who would have said the giants were lucky. After all, Green Bay had two chances, not just one.

And yes, the Giants defense was spectacular.

ChefJJ

aslan said:
Not knowing that made Tynes look pretty darn bad. Glad he was able to redeem himself in the end.
Too bad he didn't "redeem" himself a few years back when he missed an XP and a second-chance FG to cover the spread when he played for the Chiefs! :whip: Can't believe I'm still upset about that...guess that's what happens when you put too much on a "sure thing"! :grin:

good luck

aslan

ChefJJ said:
Too bad he didn't "redeem" himself a few years back when he missed an XP and a second-chance FG to cover the spread when he played for the Chiefs! :whip: Can't believe I'm still upset about that...guess that's what happens when you put too much on a "sure thing"! :grin:

good luck
Amen to that, ChefJ. Considering how limited his abilities are, he did himself proud on Sunday, no? How did the Giants end up with him anyway? Do they have a chance at replacing him before SB Sunday? That was my first thought after the game yesterday. But the NY papers certainly did play him up!

shadroch

Here is Newdays blurb on "benchgate"
The Giants road staff wasn't happy with the benchs offered by the Packers,so they rented their own from an out of town company.There were issues with it in the first quarter,but the companys employees got them working before halftime.

aslan

shadroch said:
Here is Newdays blurb on "benchgate"
The Giants road staff wasn't happy with the benchs offered by the Packers,so they rented their own from an out of town company.There were issues with it in the first quarter,but the companys employees got them working before halftime.
According to one of the players as reported in the NY Post, they broke down completely in the first, then they got them working half-ass for the rest of the game; but they worked so poorly that the players gave up on them and huddled around a large heater. The player did not say it was sabotage, that was my editorial suggestion, although it still could be even if they purchased them themselves, especially if they purchased them in GB. Anyway, as if it wasn't bad enough to begin with, this had to happen! Speaking of sabotage, when the Redskins visit the Giants it is said that the Giants open a back door whenever the Skins take to the field causing the winds to swirl around the field making passing and kicking difficult on a windy day. That little tidbit came from a sports announcer last time the Skins played in the Meadowlands.

ChefJJ

aslan said:
Speaking of sabotage, when the Redskins visit the Giants it is said that the Giants open a back door whenever the Skins take to the field causing the winds to swirl around the field making passing and kicking difficult on a windy day. That little tidbit came from a sports announcer last time the Skins played in the Meadowlands.
They say a similar thing about the Metrodome when the Twins' opponents are up to bat...they turn on the ventilation fans to make it harder to hit. Maybe it's the other way around to make it harder for the visitors to field fly balls. :eek:

good luck

toastblows

shadroch said:
Giants/Pats: boring

Giants/Dallas: decent

Giants/Packers: good

Giants/Vikings and Elis 4 INT's and 3 sacks: best. :cool2:

toastblows

ChefJJ said:
They say a similar thing about the Metrodome when the Twins' opponents are up to bat...they turn on the ventilation fans to make it harder to hit. Maybe it's the other way around to make it harder for the visitors to field fly balls. :eek:

good luck

We do turn the A/C on pretty hard at the MetroDump during Twins games. Its no secret its only during the 12 minutes each opponent is up to bat every inning though!

Too bad we are building an outdoor stadium....that must be why we are dumping our allstars, we wont be able to win once the A/C is gone :(

ChefJJ

toastblows said:
We do turn the A/C on pretty hard at the MetroDump during Twins games. Its no secret its only during the 12 minutes each opponent is up to bat every inning though!

Too bad we are building an outdoor stadium....that must be why we are dumping our allstars, we wont be able to win once the A/C is gone :(
A good buddy of mine now lives in Minneapolis, and he agrees with you...the Metrodome is a dump :joker: