Couple things I saw in Vegas last weekend...
Downtown properties have $5 tables with good odds/penetration (everything you expect on a DD except stay on S17), which was great for teaching my friend how to count. They seem to be super paranoid down there though. Got kicked out of one casino after 30ish minutes of a 5-30 spread (on a side note, really? how much money could I possibly win with that spread? was just trying to teach my friend how to count). Other casinos I constantly overheard pit bosses saying to each other stuff about watching me whenever I raised my bet.
Wish I could remember the names of the casinos downtown. One had a single deck $5 min, $500 max table with shitty rules (DD only 10/11, no DAS) but it had great pen and paid 3:2 BJ. Not sure how beatable that game is?
MGM: Love this place. Can sit at a DD table all day with a 25 min, 2x100 max spread and never have any problems. I always give out my players card there too and get great comps. Not sure how it would be for counters who bet bigger money (my paltry bankroll is probably the reason no one there cares about me). Plus the patrons of MGM generally have a good respect for the game. When the count is high, I've never had a problem when asking someone if they minded letting me finish out the shoe before coming in. Another cool thing is they let their high rollers ask for shuffles mid-shoe. I sat next to a guy flat betting 10k a hand. When the count was pretty bad, I'd start chatting to him about awful this shuffle/cut was and a couple times he asked for a reshuffle. Kind of cool.
TI: Floor DD had awful pen. HL DD game was good, but pit boss started shuffling every time I raised my bet after about 20 minutes of 50-200 spread.
Harrah's Properties: As others have said, awful awful rules. It's sad most players aren't more discriminate with their games, because it lets casinos do this stuff.
NYNY: Floor DDs have awful pen (~55% I'd say). The HL DD is good, about 75%, but dealers hits S17. Played there for a few hours with no heat, even when I was the only person in the room.
Trop: Crappy rules unless you ask them to open a DD game for you (min 100 bet per hand for that). I'm not sure if that would be the best way to fly under the radar though...
Also, seems like there are lots of attractive girls at NYNY and Trop. Can be very distracting if you are like me, and care more about picking up girls than keeping the count haha.